Contest: Adopt a Fire Hydrant!
It's back again this year! After a snowfall, clear a hydrant in your neighborhood for a chance to win prizes!
After a snowfall, fire hydrants are often covered with snow. As we know, every second counts during a fire. At times, the 1,500 fire hydrants in the area may be inaccessible for a few hours or days while Town employees regain control of the road system.
Thanks to the "Adopt a fire hydrant" contest, people can contribute to the safety of their neighbourhood by clearing the snow from a hydrant located near their home after a snowfall. This can make a big difference in the speed of response by firefighters in the event of a fire.
How to participate
- After a snowfall, take your shovel and clear a fire hydrant in your neighbourhood.
- The recommended clearance is 1.5 m around the hydrant.
- When you're done, take a picture of yourself with the cleared hydrant.
- Send your photo to email@example.com.
- Repeat the same steps after each storm.
The winners will be announced on the Pincourt Facebook page.
- Smoke alarms with lithium battery - 10 years
- Carbon monoxide alarms
- First aid kits
- Fire extinguishers
- And more!
The winners will be determined by a random draw among all participants.