Do you love your living environment and want to contribute to its greening and to the growth of urban agriculture?
Help us win the Du jardin dans ma ville contest by voting online for the Pincourt landscaping project!
To vote: HERE (deadline for voting: September 17)
By collecting as many votes as possible between now and September 17, 2021, we have a chance to win a visit from the Du jardin dans ma ville team of horticultural professionals.
During this event, they will carry out the metamorphosis of the bus landing of the Chêne-Bleu High School, adding a touch of green to our environment.
Description of our project
Given the enthusiasm of the children and teenagers for the Green Project gardens, the students now wish to embellish the front of their school.
This garden will be made up of edible, vegetable and floral plants that appeal to the five senses: plants that can be tasted, smelled, observed and touched, and that allow them to hear the buzz of pollinators.
The plants will be planted in raised containers to facilitate the workshops that will be held there, to avoid trampling and to enhance the layout.
This garden will have several objectives:
- Beautify the student landing
- Attract pollinators and birds, all allies of the Project Green vegetable gardens
- Allow students to complete one of their projects
- Showcase native edible species
- Provide a rich learning and stimulating environment for summer day campers
- Enrich the organic baskets sold to the community with edible flowers and herbs