The Town conducts an annual inspection of fire hydrants to ensure that they meet safety standards.
Duration: May 29 to June 21, 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. (daily)
Hydrant inspections allow for the :
- Functionality of hydrants
- Verification of static and dynamic water pressure to ensure safety in case of fire
- Detection of possible leaks in the water system to repair them and ensure proper operation
- Pressure drop during inspections from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- If your water is reddish or yellowish, turn on your cold water faucet and let the water run as long as it takes to become clear. Repeat this process with all the plumbing in your home.
- Colored water is not a health hazard. Once the water is clear, there is no need to boil it before drinking it.