Temperatures will approach 30 degrees Celsius and humidex values could reach 40 on the hottest days, Friday and Saturday. The nights will be uncomfortable, with lows near 20 degrees Celsius from Wednesday through Monday.
The Town of Pincourt reminds you to take steps to stay hydrated and cool.
To refresh yourself:
- Library (225 Pincourt Blvd.) for air conditioning
- Splash pad (375 Cardinal-Léger Blvd.)
- Municipal pool (364 Olympique Blvd.)
Open from 11 a.m. to 8:20 p.m.*
*Due to the heatwave, closing time may be extended depending on demand.
- Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water per day. As appropriate, follow your physician's instructions regarding the amount of fluid to drink.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages.If you can, spend at least 2 hours a day in an air-conditioned or cool place.
- Take at least one cool shower or bath per day, or cool your skin several times per day with wet towels.
- Limit physical activity.
- Wear light clothes.
- Never leave a child, a baby or an animal alone in a vehicle or a poorly ventilated room, even for a few minutes.
- In hot weather, avoid walking your dog on asphalt as it can result in serious burns to their paws.
Questions regarding your health?
- Info-Santé 8-1-1