BBQ Wednesdays are workshops where local restaurants perform a recipe on the grill during the summer season.
Desjardins Kiosk, 7 p.m.
Come join our local chefs as they prepare and cook a barbecue recipe in person at the Desjardins Kiosk. It's free!
Reservation required: SPORT-PLUS registration platform
Places are limited. People who show up without a reservation will be able to participate in the event depending on the number of participants.
Sanitary measures in effect
Participation prize and tastings in limited quantity
2022 calendar: upcoming
Presenter: L'Artisan de la mer
Recipe to come
Presenter: Maison du chef James Mitchell
- ¼ fresh coriander (leaves and short stems)
- ¼ fresh parsley (leaves and short stems)
- handfull of fresh basil leaves
- handfull of fresh mint leaves
- handfull of fresh arugula
- 2 shallots thinly sliced
- 3 tbs fish sauce
- 3 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 2 red thai chiles thinly sliced
Preparation: Add all ingredients into a bowl.
- 3 peaches peeled and diced
- 3 tbs brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbs apple cidar vinegar
Preparation: Add to heavy bottom pot until the liquid had almost been evaporated (about 3 mins on high heat).
- Pork shoulder (deboned) sliced into 3 steaks (¼ - ½ inch think) marinated overnight or for at least 4 hours
- 2 chopped shallots
- 2 tbs chopped garlic
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
Preparation: Blend mix or mix and marinate the pork steaks
Presenter: Patate et Persil
- 20 chicken drumsticks or thighs
- 1 330 mL can of Coca Cola
- 160 mL soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Zest of 2 limes
- Juice of 3 limes
- Place all ingredients in an aluminum container.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Cook 45 minutes on the barbecue slowly.
- Remove the chicken to reduce the juice.
- Cook and grill drumsticks on the grill (10 min).
Cabbage salad dressing
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
4 cabbage salad
- White cabbage
- Red cabbage
- Grated carrot
Presenter: Domaine de la Templerie
Boar with homemade pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup of 35% cream
- Black peppercorns
- Green pepper
- Chopped onion
- Veal stock (if available)
- 1/4 cup red wine
- Wild boar (fillet, chop, roasted loin, rack, sausage, etc.)
- Smoked paprika
- Reduced balsamic vinegar
- Melt the butter.
- Add the peppercorns and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add the chopped onions and mushrooms for another minute, stirring gently.
- Deglaze with the cognac (be careful, it will flame up), then add the red wine and the veal stock.
- Let simmer, then add the cream. Add more cream if the sauce is too spicy for your taste and reduce it according to the desired texture.
- Marinate the wild boar for at least 4 hours.
- Make a small grid on the fat if it is a roast.
- Heat the BBQ to maximum. Once hot, place the wild boar for about 2 minutes. Turn over, lower the heat and continue cooking for a few minutes.
- Remove and let rest before slicing. If the piece is larger, continue cooking by lowering the heat. The meat should not be overcooked (the center should be pink). Note: Don't forget that the cooking process continues once the meat is removed from the BBQ.
You can marinate your meat before, but don't forget to remove the excess oil from the marinade.
Presenter: La Courbe
- 2 pork tenderloins (900 g cut into cubes)
- 1 onion, cut into squares
- 1 bell pepper, cut into squares
For the marinade:
- 90 g pilaf
- 20 g paprika
- 20 g cayenne pepper
- 10 g ground pepper
- ¼ cup of mustard
- ¾ cup of olive oil
- 2 cups of water
- In a large bowl, mix the marinade ingredients until smooth.
- Add pork cubes (mix by hand) and marinate for 6 to 24 hours.
- Assemble brochettes by alternating pork cubes, onions and peppers (soak stems in water beforehand). Keep the marinade.
- Preheat oven to medium high.
- Place skewers in oven and close lid. Cook for two minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, boil the marinade, adding ½ cup of maple syrup.
- Brush on when done cooking and serve.