The texts presented on this page do not in any way replace the official by-laws of the Town of Pincourt. Please be advised that the official text always takes precedence. Specific standards may apply to your situation.
Associated by-law: By-law 780, section 7 (article 78-81) - Protection, cutting and planting of trees
Cost: free of charge
Validity: 8 months
For any questions or to apply for a permit, contact
Environmental Advisor (Green Line)
Tel: 514 453-8981, ext. 330
Tel: 514 453-8981, ext. 333
Valid reasons for cutting down a tree
No tree cutting is allowed unless a few exceptions.
- The tree to be cut down is dead or has an incurable disease.
- The tree to be cut down is dangerous to the safety or health of citizens.
- When the tree to be cut down constitutes a nuisance or causes damage to public or private property.
- The tree is being removed for the purpose of carrying out a construction project for which a City permit has been obtained.
Requirements to be met
- 1 tree per 200 m2
- The planting of tree(s) is required after a tree has been felled.
- A replacement tree must have a minimum height of 1.83 m and a minimum diameter of 37.5 mm measured at 1.2 m from the ground at the time of planting. (By-law 780-19)
- All planting must be done within eight months of the felling.
- No person shall plant or allow to grow a tree on the Town's right-of-way.
- The planting of a tree shall be done at a minimum distance of 2.5 meters from a fire hydrant, a service entrance, and a lamp post on public property.