Any dog or cat on the territory of Pincourt must have a valid license.
The Town of Pincourt has harmonized its regulation regarding pets with that of all Quebec municipalities.
The purpose of this regulation is to ensure the safety of citizens and pets.
In the event of runaway animals or in case of problem, having an animal register makes it easier and faster to identify the owner.
You must obtain a permanent, non-transferable licence for the life of your dog or cat.
Cost of the licence
- $30 (indivisible and non-refundable)
How do I get a licence?
The procedure detailed below is applicable during the COVID-19 period.
- Fill out this form: Registration of an animal
- Please return the completed form:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person, at City Hall, by appointment (514 453-8981, ext. 326)
- At Town Hall, in the outdoor box at the entrance of the building
- By mail:
Pincourt Town Hall
919, chemin Duhamel
Pincourt (Quebec) J7W 4G8
- You will receive a metal medallion by mail, or in person by appointment, which your pet must wear at all times.
Methods of payment
- With your banking institution. Contact us for the procedure to follow: 514 453-8981, ext. 326.
- Debit, cash or cheque, in person at City Hall, by appointment only: 514 453-8981, ext. 326
Here is a reminder of the main regulations regarding pets:
- It is allowed to have a combined total of four cats or dogs per residence, of which a maximum of two dogs is authorized.
- When outside its own residential property, the dog must be kept on a leash at all times. The leash must have a maximum length of 2 meters (6 feet).
- You must immediatly pick up after your pet, and dispose of it hygienically.
- You can't let them walk on private property.
- Dogs are strictly prohibited in Town parks and on Town property, unless there are trails present. This dog ban does not apply to dog parks.
- Spaying and neutering your pets is strongly recommended.
All the info about animal control is available here: Animal Control